Company Manager Employment Application FY24
Northern Stage in White River Junction, VT seeks a Company Manager for their 2023-2024 season. Northern Stage is a LORT D 240 seat regional theater, producing mainstage shows, educational programs, new work development, and 4-6 other events year-round. The Company Manager reports directly to the General Manager and works closely with personnel across administrative and production departments.
- Coordinate housing and travel for all employees and guest artists, and act as a point of communication with new hires prior to arrival.
- Maintain Northern Stage housing grid in conjunction with General Management, communicating and troubleshooting housing needs as they arise.
- Coordinate the furnishing and outfitting of company apartments as needed.
- Coordinate the cleaning and “turnover” of company apartments between residents.
- Work with the Facilities Mgr. to manage vehicle inventory, and provide support as needed.
- Play a key role in maintaining the Company Management budget, allocating dollars and tracking expenses throughout the fiscal year.
- Assist in coordinating and running staff/guest artist events such as meet and greets, tech dinners, company meetings, etc.
- Provide on-call support in case of emergencies for employees and guest artists.
- Support General Management in administrative tasks such as contracting and filing
- Will work closely with the artistic team on various aspects of producing and community events.
- Act as a Northern Stage COVID-19 health officer, screening and training employees, organizing testing needs, and providing onsite support as required.
- Two plus years working in a company management capacity in a professional theater context.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, exercise good judgment and discretion, and maintain a positive attitude in stressful environments.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively, particularly as pertaining to guest artists with varying needs and contract requirements. Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs, with excellent organizational/numerical skills and attention to detail. Experience in budgeting is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to be “on call” for company emergencies.
- Ability to lift 50lbs (must be comfortable moving furniture).
- Valid driver’s license. Transporting company members is often required in this position.
- BA in theater is a plus, but not required.
Job Type: This is a full time position. Standard work days are Monday – Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm, but expect to work some nights and weekends as the schedule requires.
Contract Dates: 4/3/23-6/2/2024 (start date flexible).
Compensation: $38,000-40,000 annual (exempt).
Benefits: PTO, Dental, Vision, Accident, and Life Insurance. Subsidized housing is available for lease through Northern Stage.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references in PDF format to Erin Thompson, General Manager, via Submittable.
We believe the most important and impactful art is made when we consider and commit to inclusion, diversity, equity and access both on and off of our stage. We highly encourage folks who are Black, Native or Indigenous, People of Color, Queer or Trans, Poor or Working Class, Disabled, Young, Elderly, and/or who speak English as a second language to apply. To learn more about Northern Stage, please visit our website: www.northernstage.org. No phone calls please.