Management Assistant & COVID Safety Officer FY24
Management Assistant & COVID Safety Officer
Northern Stage, a LORT D regional theater in White River Junction, VT seeks a Management Assistant & COVID Safety Officer for their 2023-2024 Season. The Management Assistant & COVID Safety Officer will work closely with the Production & General Management departments to plan activities necessary to execute programming as well as oversee and ensure compliance of COVID-19 safety protocols in production settings. This position reports to the Director of Production, Company Manager, & General Manager and works closely with personnel across administrative and production departments.
- Assist the Director of Production in scheduling & coordinating all design and production meetings. Take and distribute meeting notes as requested by the Director of Production.
- Keep all internal production and space use calendars for internal and external events up to date and notify staff of major changes to milestones and event timelines.
- Create and maintain all shared production show-specific drives. Provide access as needed for creative teams and guest artists.
- Shadow and provide sub/vacation support for run crew members on Mainstage productions.
- Work with General and Company Management to maintain the full season company contact sheet.
- Assisting with the load-in and strike process for all Production departments.
- Assist Company Management in setting up housing and coordinating/facilitating travel for guest artists.
- Work with Company Management to facilitate provided meals during technical rehearsals.
- Act as a Northern Stage COVID-19 health officer including screening employees, organizing testing needs, and providing onsite support as required.
- Provide budget management, tracking, and reconciliation support for the Production department and act as a liaison with General Management.
- Coordinate with the Company Manager to make sure there is always a Company Management representative on-call. Act as the on-call Company Management representative, including carrying the emergency company phone during designated periods, when Company Manager is unavailable.
- Work with the Director of Production to determine and execute production needs for secondary events (e.g. play readings, workshops, education programs, and external events). Act as the on-site contact for small external events and rentals if needed.
- Two years working in professional production, company, stage, or arts admin management capacity. A combination of education and professional experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of theatrical safety conventions.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to approach challenges both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience reading ground plans, light plots, and other theatrical specifications a plus.
- Excellent organizational/numerical skills and attention to detail. Experience creating, managing, and adhering to budgets, and overseeing production calendars and schedules.
- Valid driver’s license.
- BA or BFA in technical theater a plus.
Job Type: This is a full time position. Standard work days are Monday – Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm, but expect to work some nights and weekends as the schedule requires.
Contract Dates: 3/20/23-6/2/2024 (start date flexible).
Compensation: $35,000-38,000 annual (exempt)
Benefits: PTO, Dental, Vision, Accident, and Life Insurance. Subsidized housing is available for lease through Northern Stage.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references in PDF format to Brian Sekinger, Director of Production, via Submittable:
We believe the most important and impactful art is made when we consider and commit to inclusion, diversity, equity and access both on and off of our stage. We highly encourage folks who are Black, Native or Indigenous, People of Color, Queer or Trans, Poor or Working Class, Disabled, Young, Elderly, and/or who speak English as a second language to apply. To learn more about Northern Stage, please visit our website: www.northernstage.org. No phone calls please.